Corporal Punishment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishments Official Website!!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Our Home Page!!
Visit My Website

Police Department or BCPS

Go down 
+3
DeAthStroKe
Will
Rambo
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rambo

Rambo

Registration date : 2008-12-31

Police Department or BCPS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police Department or BCPS   Police Department or BCPS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:28 pm

Shadow Walker wrote:
Cool brother Im really happy for you, I had a blast takeing my test..and its time to renew so I guess ill be takeing it again soon..

I highly recommend the guy I just went through. Ill get you his card and contact info.
Back to top Go down
https://corporalpunishment.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: Police Department or BCPS   Police Department or BCPS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:49 am

Rambo wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Rambo wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Ok but if I recall when I talked to a SAPD officer about becoming a police officer he said it take's several months to go through the prosess to get in to the police academy, So if you just took your test you still have a ways to go till you actually get in the academy. Oh yeah and who was your instructor that asked you to be the assistant range instructor?

Considering the fact that Mom and Dad are both SAPD, hmmm...Think about it Maverick.

and you dont know the instructor. So dont try and act like you know.

Why are you trying to put me down for this? Everyone else is happy for me why do you have to be that one person that fucks that up.

I am not trying to put you down I'm just stating facts, and I wasn't the one who asked about the instructor it was bob the Police officer sitting right next to me right now who said those words and asked that question not me,
so don't even go there cause I am not your enemy so don't bite my head off for relaying facts from someone who knows and has worked at the academy.

And you couldnt have just said that to begin with?

I was just telling you what he said
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Police Department or BCPS   Police Department or BCPS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:24 pm

The state of Texas only requires security guards to qual out to 15 yards. I went through when I worked at Price, and HE made us go back to 25 yards. Notice yards, not feet. We did some 3, 5, 15 foot drills regarding knives and such. We did stoppage drills, weak hand shooting, and reloading. All of which is WAYYY more than the State requires. I could not believe that the State would let someone carry a gun after that. I thought it was a joke, even the stuff we went through. I thought it was going to be some BIG, BAD ASS training, and I thought it was a JOKE! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Rambo

Rambo

PostSubject: Re: Police Department or BCPS   Police Department or BCPS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:36 pm

There ya go Squidz you said it for yourself. PRICE!!!!
Back to top Go down
pjs_shadow

pjs_shadow

Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Police Department or BCPS   Police Department or BCPS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Rambo, if you're willing to take a little free advice lemme offer some to ya.

If you are picking between being a Security Guard and a Police Officer be a Police Officer. No offense or put down to the Security Guard job BUT, if you graduate from the SAPD academy you should either have or be qualified to sit for your TCLEOSE certification as a law enforcement officer. At that point you can do a multitude of things including, if you desire being a security guard.

Also, as a certified law enforcement officer there are a lot of other jobs that open up to you that might otherwise be closed or difficult to get into including federal law enforcement jobs. In addition, as a PD Officer you will have access to training and experience that otherwise would be offlimits, things like SWAT, EOD, Investigations, etc.

Think about the future not just the here and now. Retirement, overtime assignments, side jobs, other branches of law enforcement. It's a huge deal.

I was halfway through a criminal justice degree and changed my mind ending up going into the EMS field where I had a very satisfying stint as a Paramedic but in the deep dark recesses of my mind at this point in time I regret not finishing out the degree and getting into a Federal LEO job. I've even considered enrolling in a TCLEOSE class here in Austin but since all the classes currently offered in the area are full time days it conflicts with my actual job.

Something to think about.

Oh, and congrats on getting as far as you have in the process.
Back to top Go down
Rambo

Rambo

PostSubject: Re: Police Department or BCPS   Police Department or BCPS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:49 am

pjs_shadow wrote:
Rambo, if you're willing to take a little free advice lemme offer some to ya.

If you are picking between being a Security Guard and a Police Officer be a Police Officer. No offense or put down to the Security Guard job BUT, if you graduate from the SAPD academy you should either have or be qualified to sit for your TCLEOSE certification as a law enforcement officer. At that point you can do a multitude of things including, if you desire being a security guard.

Also, as a certified law enforcement officer there are a lot of other jobs that open up to you that might otherwise be closed or difficult to get into including federal law enforcement jobs. In addition, as a PD Officer you will have access to training and experience that otherwise would be offlimits, things like SWAT, EOD, Investigations, etc.

Think about the future not just the here and now. Retirement, overtime assignments, side jobs, other branches of law enforcement. It's a huge deal.

I was halfway through a criminal justice degree and changed my mind ending up going into the EMS field where I had a very satisfying stint as a Paramedic but in the deep dark recesses of my mind at this point in time I regret not finishing out the degree and getting into a Federal LEO job. I've even considered enrolling in a TCLEOSE class here in Austin but since all the classes currently offered in the area are full time days it conflicts with my actual job.

Something to think about.

Oh, and congrats on getting as far as you have in the process.

Honestly PJ thats my plan.

Im thinking im gonna get TECLOSE certified and then become a fed. I was thinkin going with like the real NCIS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Police Department or BCPS   Police Department or BCPS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Police Department or BCPS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Corporal Punishment :: General Discussion :: The Trash Can-
Jump to: